Thursday, November 5, 2009

Key Store In Xp Reformatting Windows XP, I Have A CD, Do Not Have The CD Key. Is The Key Stored On The Computer?

Reformatting windows XP, i have a CD, do not have the CD key. is the key stored on the computer? - key store in xp

Hey guys, I'm looking to format my Windows XP computer (with only reinstalling Windows again), but the problem is that I understand the installation CD of Windows XP that you lost with your computer. I have another computer I have the XP disk, but.

My question is: Is there a way to retrieve the Windows key on my computer (which I see on the format), write it down and then reinstall II is written again? If this is not the key when you right-click "My Computer" appears? Thank you in advance.

Any help is welcome.

7 comments:

You may be right said...

I think it is in the registry, but somewhere, and would need to decipher.

but I've heard that the problem exists, and there is no way to get it, but I do not know

search the Internet, I'm sure someone has instructions on how to do.

Monk said...

1. Click Start, click Run. Type regedit and click OK. Your
Program Registry Editor starts.

2. Then go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \\ Software \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ Microsoft. Do
Make sure (double click) on the Microsoft open.

3. Now scroll to reinstall the program. Double-click
Your wallet and find another folder called "Current Version".

4. Double-click it and you will find an entry for "ProductKey" or "
ProductID in the right pane. If found, found their
Code!

Matthew K said...

Yes there is. Google search for a program that retrieves the registry key.

Technici... said...

Can prove Belarc Advisor (Free Edition), the main software installed on your computer

g4acre said...

You can find it registry.or pcworld.com go a tool to download it.good chance again.

Mack D said...

There are several programs. Take a look at the following website:

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ViewKe ...

Nevada Lady said...

If you lost, you can use the Windows registry:
1) Open the Registry Editor (Start, Run and type "regedit)
2) Go to \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ HKEY_LOCALMACHINE \\ \\ SOFTWARE \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ Microsoft \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ Windows NT \\ CurrentVersion.
3) ProductID search. The CD key is 15-digit 6 conceived.

Another thought - Have you in your box? Often, the manufacturer puts a label with the code that you need.

Post a Comment